Help-File Manager Problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ivanchauw, Aug 27, 2008.

1. ivanchauw

ivanchauw

Guys, I got a problem with my File Manager after the installation of Skype.

After successfully install Skype, I found that my File Manager (My Document, My Music, My Files....etc) is not working...after clicking the shortcut on the desktop, it appears for just half a second then disappear. The same thing happens when I run "thunar" in terminal, error "Segmentation fault" or "core dumped"(sorry that I don't know which one is the correct translation as I'm using non-english version) came out....

Anyone know how to fix it?

Million Thanks!

ivanchauw, Aug 27, 2008
  2. ivanchauw

whiterabit

Hi i have exactly the same problem with thunar , i have discovered that the only happens with the user that autologins to linux "user" if you switch to root , thunar will run without any issue. :?:

whiterabit, Sep 10, 2008
  3. ivanchauw

micha

I don't wanna run as root all the time... isn't there fix for it? I installed skype as well, but also changed to the xfce desktop, so it might be caused by either of that.

micha, Sep 10, 2008
  4. ivanchauw

kristel

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have the problem since Music Manager stopped working.
    Does anybody know how to fix it?

(Sorry for my English, but it's not my first language)

kristel, Oct 28, 2008
Ask a Question