Help fixing WiFi

Discussion in 'Windows' started by pierze, Mar 6, 2009.

1. pierze

pierze

I installed the Windows 7 beta on my AOA110-1831 about 2 weeks ago. Upon install the WiFi card worked immediately with no need for more drivers, so I downloaded Firefox then left things alone as I got busy with something else. I went on vacation with the computer on, open, and plugged in and working fine. I've come back today to pick up where I left off, but the computer no longer sees my WiFi! I notice the hardware light is off and the Atheros card doesn't show up in the device manager and the hardware switch doesn't seem to do anyhting. What's going on? Things worked before... I'm super confused.

pierze, Mar 6, 2009
  2. pierze

evilelvis

looks like the gltch that makes the wi-fi disappear when the computer goes into a powersave mode. Search the boards for solutions but for a quick fix, try powering down, removing the battery and then hitting the power switch a few times. replace the battery and reboot.

evilelvis, Mar 6, 2009
  3. pierze

pierze

That seems to work, however, after just a while of using the computer (I think it was right after a reboot post Firefox 3.0.7 install), the wifi dropped out again. That's kinda annoying, but at least I have a fix for each time it goes bad.

pierze, Mar 7, 2009
  4. pierze

Cozz

Cozz, Mar 11, 2009
Ask a Question