Help Formating Linux with Windows XP SP2

Discussion in 'Windows' started by diazao, May 1, 2009.

1. diazao

diazao

Hey guys, i'm kind of confused here... I just bought my Acer Aspire One AOA150-Ab yesterday, and i dont know ANYTHING about Linux, and i really want to change it, BUT, when i format it with the windows XP SP2, after the first restart, it stays at the black screen with the white _... And stay on it, and when i installed Vista, some drivers like wireless dont work >.<
    Im those two days crazy looking for something, but i really dont get it... I found the recovery disk of XP here, but links are out.
    I hope somebody got what i mean, and may help me :cry:
    Thanks in advance

Edit: 80 GB HD, 1 GB RAM. I do have external dvd drive.

diazao, May 1, 2009
  2. diazao

donec

Have you tried to install XP or are you just trying to format with XP? There is no reason to format with XP as the install process will format the drive. As for the drivers you can search here in the forum for others with the same problem and find places where they got their answers. I personally don't have the answers since I have switched from Windows to Mandriva. For XP I feel sure there are some drivers you can download from the Acer site and maybe there are some for Vista also. Good luck.

donec, May 1, 2009
  3. diazao

diazao

I booted the XP, formated and then installed it... XP SP2 seems doesnt work to me, but Vista Ultimate and Starter Edition worked, but not some drivers :(
    I will try again format and install Vista, and try those drivers...
    i searched pages and more pages, and didnt find anything...

diazao, May 1, 2009
Ask a Question