help i think my acer netbook may be a desktop now

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by pycotest, Feb 3, 2010.

1. pycotest

pycotest

ok heres the thing i woke up to my cell ringing and knocked over a cup of dr. pepper and didnt relize it got on the netbook till later. it runs fine just the keyboard is messing up and i want to know how to take it apart to see if there is just something ealse there or may be its just the keyboard that is messed up and needs to be replaced. Or is my prediction right that its a desktop now. oh and the mouse is working normal.

pycotest, Feb 3, 2010
  2. pycotest

^Andy^

Grab yourself a new keyboard from ebay - they usually go for about £15 and try a straightforward keyboard swap. You may have gotten lucky.

^Andy^, Feb 4, 2010
  3. pycotest

Forone

I spilled half a glass of wine into mine year or so ago, keys messed up and the power button stopped working. It was a dead brick for a day or two.

I didn't have to disassemble - I had immediately rinsed the wine out with tap water, but it still didn't work. I then bought some electrical contact spray (pure isopropanol, no lubricants, the stuff they used to sell for cleaning tape heads) that came with a little plastic focus tube for the spray, from an electronics shop, was about $12/can. Sprayed around the keys and into the button, took out the battery and sprayed into every crack and hole in the case. It's very volatile solvent, dries and cleans everything in a few minutes and restores the contacts. It's been working great since.

Forone, Feb 4, 2010
Ask a Question