Help Installing Linus Lite on AAO w/Xp

Discussion in 'Linux' started by gatess7, Jan 15, 2009.

1. gatess7

gatess7

Hi, I have never used linux and figured this might be a good time to try it... I installed Ubuntu last night, and removed it today, all the problems were discouraging. I also tried linux4one but didn't like the feel there. I am not giving up however.
    I primarily use OSX, so I think I could grow to like Linux... anyways, I've read a good deal reviews on linpus lite and I think I want to add it. Soooo what I am looking for is some info on how I can do this.

When installing ubuntu/linux4one I used unetbootin to make a usb drive bootable. Is it the same process with linpus? Also where can I find the .iso file for linpus? Will everything work correctly..(wifi, led light, fn keys?) Any help or recommendations would be extremely appreciative. Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else, everything i see if for other distros and osx...

thanks

gatess7, Jan 15, 2009
  2. gatess7

daldred

If you install the Acer-ised version of Linpus, it will work fully.

There is a macles blog post which may be useful; note that the download links seem to have died, but there is reference to a torrent source for the recovery DVD near the bottom of the comments.

daldred, Jan 15, 2009
  3. gatess7

gatess7

OK, I downloaded a file labled aa1_recovery from the linux section of pirate bay. Upon opening it, Ifound the file "aa1_usb_recovery_image.gz"... I then unzipped it, to expose a file of the same name but the size is 1.92 gigs (2,063,597,568 bytes). The file however has no extension, should I assume this is an iso file?

gatess7, Jan 15, 2009
  4. gatess7

daldred

Is there no document within the torrent, which might say what the contents of the torrent are?

daldred, Jan 16, 2009
Ask a Question