Help Installing Opera

Discussion in 'Linux' started by nx_911_turbo, Apr 10, 2009.

1. nx_911_turbo

nx_911_turbo

Hey everyone, been a while since I've been around.

Anyways, I haven't played around with my AAO in a while, as my cousin had borrowed it. But, I got it back, and my giant laptop crashed, so I'm in need of getting this up to par again.

So, I'd really appreciate if someone could just run me through the install for Opera. Everything else I need, I've figured out. I tried downloading and installing the RPM for Fedora 7/8/9 to no avail, along with multiple other RPM's from their site.

I'm still running Linpus on it, incase the Fedora versions I tried didn't clear that up.

Thanks!

nx_911_turbo, Apr 10, 2009
  2. nx_911_turbo

barrie

Hi nx_911_turbo,

I would uninstall all Opera modules, then re download the Opera i386 Linux Fedora core 8 version RPM, once done right click the desktop >add and remove programs this can take a little while to fully load, once everything has loaded you should see the new window with three tabs, click the second one (search) > type Opera into the search box then select > available packages (I think this is also the second option) do you get an Opera listing if so check the box next to it > OK > apply and the package manager will do the rest.

Or you could follow this procedure but I would try the above first.

http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/10/inst ... linux.html

barrie, Apr 10, 2009
Ask a Question