HELP - Keep losing wireless adapter ???

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by bilabonic, Mar 13, 2010.

1. bilabonic

bilabonic

Hi All

This is driving me crazy, it has always been there since i installed xp3 on my linux acer one. I have tried various Atheros drivers and still lose wireless connection for no reason, get message 'unable to start wirless adapter' or 'internet connection unavailable'.

I have tried turning the power saving mode off on the adapter but makes no difference. I am currently using AR5007EG driver.

I have to reboot the notebook to get it working again....

Anyone help as i am seriously thinking off buying a usb wireless adapter instead !!!!

Cheers

bilabonic, Mar 13, 2010
  2. bilabonic

bluevolume

I've had a lot of problems with the Atheros adapters as well. I have had it drop the connection for no reason, and you have to reboot to get it to connect again. Also, when trying to copy a large file over (like a DVD rip) it will just stop working.

I have had some luck by trying different drivers and also by turning the power savings off in the driver settings.

The only solution as far as I'm concerned is to replace the wireless board with a quality one. You can get them fairly cheap on ebay, and it isn't terribly difficult to switch it out. I did that on my A101, and my wireless problems were over. I'm thinking about doing the same thing on my D250.

bluevolume, Mar 14, 2010
  3. bilabonic

bilabonic

Which one do you suggest, i have a spare acer one and have had it it bits loads of times replacing ram/screen etc.

Cheers

bilabonic, Mar 14, 2010
Ask a Question