Help, my laptop won’t charge(sort of)

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Kokomonkey, Sep 29, 2023.

1. Kokomonkey

Kokomonkey

Hi, I have a two year old Yoga slim 7 and it has been trough some rough handling (multiple drops) but nothing big. Yesterday I was playing a (not that demanding) videogame when windows adviced me to ‘plug in your device’. It was, however, already plugged in. With the 5% remaining I tried multiple different cables, adapters, ports (both USB-C’s and the USB) and even different sockets, but eventually it went black. Now every time i plug a cable in, the charge light briefly turns on before turning off and turns on again every 15-30 seconds before Turing off again within a second (no pattern). The fans start spinning sometimes and the power button als turns on for a moment when a power cable is pugged in as if it’s trying to start itself, with no succes. I’ve opened it up and removed the battery and held the off button for at least 5 minutes to get rid of any static (as recommended by multiple sources) before reconnecting the battery, but with no change. I’ve run out of ideas, but thought that the internet might have some, before I send it to a repair shop. There is a file attached to this post with a picture of its internals.
    Update: The battery light does show full Time when the battery is removed.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any idea if there is something else I can try. And thanks in advance.

Ps.
    English is my second language, which might explain my English

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
    Kokomonkey, Sep 29, 2023
Ask a Question