help my panel is gone T_T

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by jhedrotten, Oct 17, 2008.

1. jhedrotten

jhedrotten

while trying to customize my desktop, i have been playing with the settings such as the window manager, the themes, etc. and then i came to panels, which i do not know at the time that was the taskbar and so i clicked on the '+' several times and it produced several blocks and so until that time i didn't knew they were taskbars and i tried to get rid of them, i got about panel 7 and then i accidentally deleted panel 1 and then i knew it was my taskbar i was messing with, i never knew 'til it was gone and it was replaced with something that doesn't work or does not have any launcher at all.

i went to i think /home/user/.config/xfce4/panel/ and i saw a lot of .rc files in there and when i tried to sudo mousepad them, no settings were inside them and so it says 'this panel is not yet configured'. since i haven't backed up yet, it would be very nice of you guys and i would very much appreciate it if it's possible if i got rid of all the extra .rc files and just have the script that is supposed to be on panel 1 [i do believe only one .rc file is supposed to be there and that contains the configurations so that there would be lauchers on my panel T_T]. T_T

jhedrotten, Oct 17, 2008
  2. jhedrotten

jhedrotten

jhedrotten, Oct 17, 2008
  3. jhedrotten

jhedrotten

this thread worked good for me plus i was able to add the xfce menu [so no need to batter my right click to get the menu] and i was able to add one virtual desktop. nice. so far so good. hehehe. :D

jhedrotten, Oct 21, 2008
Ask a Question