Help needed with expansion slot

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Gru, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Gru

Gru

Hello,

I tried Ubuntu on my AA1 and was not happy with the speed. So I installed Linpus again to get 15 sec boot times and reliable wireless.

I did some basic mods, xfce desktop etc, but what I noticed soon after is that my SD card is no longer working.

I tried fixing the problem by following these steps: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4931

Unfortunately my expansion slot is still not recognizing the card, nor is the right slot.

I then tried right SD slot by placing some other card in it and it worked fine and it showed on desktop too.

Any ideas on what I can try? Do I need to reformat the Expansion SD card. It is Patriot 8gb SDHC and worked fine before I messed with Ubuntu.

Gru, Feb 8, 2009
  2. Gru

solpuerto

Hi Gru
    This sounds the same as I had when I tried to install Ubuntu on the One. That was why I ended up booting it from a USB stick.
    If my memory serves me right I could not format the card on my main PC or via my digital camera as some have suggested. I eventually found a reference to Panasonic's SD card format tool, dowloaded that to my Windows PC and used it to format the card. Fortunatley had no data on it so lost nothing.
    If you cannot find it I have a link somewhere.

Best wishes

solpuerto, Feb 9, 2009
Ask a Question