Help - No Icons at all on the Desktop

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by saral, Oct 21, 2008.

1. saral

saral

Hi, I've had this fab machine for 4 weeks and other than activating advanced mode and adding and changing a couple of icons I haven't done anything else.

For some reason i really wanted the XFCE normal XP desktop (I'm running Linpus) instead of the Acer Work, connect etc. (wish I hadn't now!)

I followed the instructions and got as far as, re-boot and you will have a clear desktop with icons, I did that and have no icons at all. On right click I can open up Firefox and Thunderbird (which I was using), but most right click items do not work, I also cannot do Alt F2, again nothing happens.

I am assuming I cannot go back to the original Acer Desktop?, if not how can I get Icons on, I only need Firefox and Thunderbird, but then how can I get the other right click bits to work.

As you can tell I am the biggest Newbie on here and if it is not written in complete idiot guide I will be snookered.

Can anyone help, it would be much appreciated

saral, Oct 21, 2008
  2. saral

saral

Hi, I have some icons at least, feel much better now!

I went all the way back to the beginning of the forum pages and found people with the same problem, I had to change xfdesktop-xcfe to xfdesktopnew, or something like that.

Any way keep up the good work, this forum is a awesome.

saral, Oct 21, 2008
Ask a Question