Help on installing Banshee

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tpcshucks, Jul 31, 2008.

1. tpcshucks

tpcshucks

I want to install banshee or other music players thats better than the media master (like winamp or something like that)

does anyone know how?

I dont really want to use wine tho coz the last time i installed it, i had to reinstall the entire thing because it locks up every time i try to run itunes.

tpcshucks, Jul 31, 2008
  2. tpcshucks

tpcshucks

anyone???

Or does anyone know a program that's like itunes or winamp that works in aspire one?

tpcshucks, Aug 1, 2008
  3. tpcshucks

mattylight

I've been looking for the same type of thing, I have tried every single media player in the repositories and very few of them work, and the ones that do suck. xmms and audacious are very small and can't run the proper codecs and I didn't feel like looking for them. If you have any luck finding anything post it up!
    Matt

mattylight, Aug 1, 2008
  4. tpcshucks

nizmo

Thought I woulb bump this, I need help to ionstall this,

I am trying to install the latest version from here http://banshee-project.org/

it tells you to do " yum install banshee" but it uses the old version from the repo. I want the 1.2 version. Now I click more information part after ive selected fedora, but I chose just 1 of them and it didnt install, it fails along the lines.

Could anyone with more linux knowledge pleeease help us... I need to use it with my ipod for when I go on holiday !

nizmo, Aug 3, 2008
  5. tpcshucks

nizmo

Update,

it seems it wants dependencies, such as gnome, gtk, pango, gconf, glade, gdk sharp.

tried searching for these, but didnt get very far

nizmo, Aug 3, 2008
  6. tpcshucks

Davidcowling

Davidcowling, Aug 4, 2008
  7. tpcshucks

nizmo

I prefer banshee , as I need it to sync with my ipod, and its nicer :p

I think banshee might have some conflicts with some acer modified linux files or something... Just something I came across while trying out things...

I really really want to install banshee !

nizmo, Aug 4, 2008
  8. tpcshucks

tpcshucks

Thanks David!

However, installing winamp required me to install some xfree86-libs file. I downloaded mine from pbone and i just clicked on fedora 4. When it installed, my aspire one would not boot up to the desktop anymore so i had to reinstall the OS from scratch. any other ideas what media players can be installed for aspire one?

tpcshucks, Aug 5, 2008
  9. tpcshucks

nizmo

Amarok installed fine, but when I connected my ipod to play the songs off it, it messed the ipod up ! I had to restore it in itunes on my windows pc, and I lost all my songs !

nizmo, Aug 5, 2008
  10. tpcshucks

tpcshucks

Hi nizmo!

Where did you download amarok? i tried installing it using the add/remove tool in the advanced desktop mode

but its doesnt install. tnx

tpcshucks, Aug 5, 2008
  11. tpcshucks

BlackLagoon

The problem is that Linpus Lite is based on Fedora 8, and unfortunately the newer version of Banshee is only supported on Fedora 9. You might be able to download the source code of the newest version and compile it yourself, but otherwise it looks like you're stuck until Acer/Linpus decide to update the operating system.

BlackLagoon, Aug 6, 2008
Ask a Question