HELP PLEASE - Need fit new HDD on A0751h ????

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by bilabonic, Sep 6, 2010.

1. bilabonic

bilabonic

Hi All

My HDD on my Acer one ZA3 A0751h has died on me and i need to fit a new one. I have the new HDD and can fit it no problem.

I also have a USB bootable windows XP install pen which i can use.

My problem lies in which drivers i need to install ????

I have found this on the acer site - http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/service.do;j ... 3713735360

BUT it lists loads of drivers ?? Do i need to install them all or certain ones ??

Bit confused tbh...

I also can not read my XP product key underneath as most has worn off !! Is there a way to retrieve it ???

Anyone help ??

Cheers

bilabonic, Sep 6, 2010
  2. bilabonic

AdamElphick

Just choose your operating system from the drop down and then install all the hardware drivers. You don't need the software necessarily as I usually prefer to avoid the crap manufacturers put on the systems.

AdamElphick, Sep 6, 2010
  3. bilabonic

Eosblue

I'm afraid I'm too late to help you much, but maybe others will benefit. One of the first things a person should do it "manufacture" recovery disks from the onboard generator program. I recently sold my 751h and used my recovery disk to put the 751h back to the way it was when I got it. Worked great, but took about 3 or 4 hours as I remember it which included all the MS updates.

Re the MS product key, my trick is to put Scotch Tape over these labels on the bottom of my laptops when they are new. I too have had the numbers wear off. Perhaps IF you registered the computer with MS, they will be able to give you new numbers. They've done it for me in the past with no argument.

Re the driver question, I too would just go with the flow when you install an operating system on the new hard drive. I replaced my 751h hard drive in order to get one that I could put Win 7 on. Yes, I know I could have put it on the original hard drive as well, but I didn't want to take a chance of screwing up XP just to save $50 or so. After popping the new hard drive in the computer, I went with the flow and installed Win 7. It found all the drivers I needed without any input on my part. Later on I tweaked the Intel video driver, but I really didn't have to as I saw no gain from the updated driver.

Good luck...

Eosblue, Sep 7, 2010
Ask a Question