help please =(

Discussion in 'Linux' started by trevy, Apr 5, 2009.

1. trevy

trevy

Hi all..
    okay i just brought this new acer aspire one 150.
    i was happy that i received it.
    played with the internet and that, working fine until i just went to live updates and started downloading, took ages and i didn't see how it just turned itself off.
    i turned it back on and then there's no icons showing like the applications.. please help to resolve this please, until i just get a refund =(

trevy, Apr 5, 2009
  2. trevy

Tamrac

Were you plugged in when you did the live update? There's a good chance the linpus installation is corrupted. You may need to reinstall Linpus from a restore CD. Save yourself the frustration if you're a beginner.... install Windows XP instead. ;)

Tamrac, Apr 5, 2009
  3. trevy

trevy

omg thanks for the reply.
    er how the heck do i get xp? lol
    sorry for being a newbie (><.)

if i can get xp for it, i be happy so i can start using this properly =)

trevy, Apr 5, 2009
  4. trevy

Xinês

A word of advise; try out the Ubuntu 9.04 (gnome version, not Xubuntu or Kubuntu)!
    Linpus was not one of the best choices for the regular user and, even in beta version, Ubuntu 9.04 works very well and is one of the easiest around, particularly for a Linux newcomer! General configuration should by intuitive for a windows user. Please refer to this forum Ubuntu's threads for further details.

Xinês, Apr 9, 2009
Ask a Question