Help removing ubuntu from my xp one

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by xroox, Dec 1, 2008.

1. xroox

xroox

I've put ubuntu on a partition on my 160gb, now when i try to remove it so I can use acer erecovery to restore windows to fresh I can't boot up because GRUB boot loader still exists. (xp has gone retarded for some reason playing audio/video is super slow and choppy now.. even an mp3).

The difficulty is compounded since there's no cd drive and no windows xp cd to boot from... I don't know what to do tried to mess around with the idea of booting up a windows recovery from USB but it doesn't seem to work... not sure what to do or if there's a solution... and i'm slowly turning my aspire one into a brick. (ie less than satisfactory functionality with ubuntu hardware-wise and now slow windows *no idea why but it is very slow. barely even used it!)

xroox, Dec 1, 2008
  2. xroox

GvidoR

Have you tried FIXMBR ? This should help! Boot up from Windows XP CD » Press R » Choose your drive » Type in password » Type in FIXMBR » Restart your AAO and it should be grand... :)

GvidoR, Dec 2, 2008
Ask a Question