help! resolution problem? the screen is cut?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by holymegumi, Jun 28, 2010.

1. holymegumi

holymegumi

hello everyone im using 532h aspire one my OS is win7 starter. I have this problem, i really dont know how to describe it but i think its about the resolution or something. Sometimes the screen is cut? help anyone? i even tried changing the resolution to 1028x768 but there's no change.example image ---->[​IMG] in case you wont see the image i attached please click this URL and see the example of what my problem ishttp://img704.imageshack.us/i/shitky.png/

holymegumi, Jun 28, 2010
  2. holymegumi

Swarvey Moderator

I'm gonna guess that pic's an actual screen shot. Now considering that, if it were a problem with the LCD, your screenshot would be a clean image showing no problems. But, since it is a screenshot, that says the the graphics are being corrupted as they are leaving the graphics chip. So either you have some faulty RAM there, or the motherboard needs replacing.

Before you call and book it in for repair/replacement, take the RAM chip out and clean its contacts with a normal pencil eraser. Get them as golden and shiny as you can and reinstall it. If that doesn't work, then you're going to have to get the mobo replaced under warranty if any.

Swarvey, Jul 3, 2010
Ask a Question