Help setting Aspire Zg5 A110 to factory defaults

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Guest, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello all,
    Im a newbie to my Aspre Zg5. I purchased it on Ebay. I have the 8gb ssd model and wanted to know how to reset it to factory defaults.
    With the netbook I got 2 cd's that seem to be recovery cd's however with no optical drive I dont know how to use them.

Ive searched the net for answers to no avail. I have tried using the Alt F10 method at bootup but that hasnt worked.
    It seems there has to be a recovery partition on this thing seeing as 90% of the SSD drive is full and I dont see tons of other files on here from the other user.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Guest, Jun 30, 2010
  2. Guest

Judson50

I am having the exact same problem. However, I have no recovery partition (and went to into Bios to ensure).

I tried to use the discs that came with my Aspire One via network and when I opened up my shared CD Drive (located on my WIndows 7 Computer) on my Aspire One net book, nothing happened.

Also, when I inserted my discs into my Windows 7 Computer, it was as if there were no auto run option. When I searched the discs, there was no .exe files; just a bunch of .dat files. So even if I had a CD Player with a USB connection, how would I run those discs? Would I have to set the netbook to boot from disc?

Judson50, Jul 23, 2010
Ask a Question