Help - suddenly getting BSOD on XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by odie812, Nov 6, 2008.

1. odie812

odie812

Hi all,

Suddenly I am getting two different BSOD messages on my A150-1049, locking up my computer and causing me to do the really unfriendly restart by holding the power button.

The first one is KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, and the second one is a stop error 0x000000F4. I did some googling but everywhere I looked I found generic answers, i.e. "there are a billion causes for this error". The errors come occasionally when I am doing work, i.e. word processing or something. But recently, it's been happening when I view Youtube videos.

The only modification I've made is that I performed the 1.5Gb memory upgrade when I first received my AAO with proper speed memory; it is pqi DDR2 533Mhz.

When the messages first started occurring, I thought it would be the memory, so I ran memtest86 for 24 hrs but it returned no errors. I also ran checkdisk twice but there were no errors there, either.

Anyone have any thoughts? Could it be SP3? Should I just call Acer and ask for a new AAO?

Thanks very much,
    Odie

odie812, Nov 6, 2008
  2. odie812

Tamrac

Random BSOD in Windows... meaning you cannot replicate it by doing the same tasks almost always points to bad/incompatible RAM modules. Even if at 1st all is well, then a few days or weeks later this happens. It's bad RAM. Try going back to the original 1gb by plugging in the 512mb your AAO came with. And observe again.

Tamrac, Nov 7, 2008
Ask a Question