Help Troubleshooting: Aspire One won't turn on

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by nmwallace, Sep 11, 2012.

1. nmwallace

nmwallace

Hey, I'm a little new here, so I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Also, I did a search for this problem and didn't find anything, so again, I apologize if it's been answered.

So, just before anyone says it, the reason I don't just toss it out and get a new one is cause both myself and my girlfriend are on a low income (she actually doesn't work, full time student with scholarships) and why pay more if it's potentially a cheap fix?

So I replaced the screen on my girlfriend's D255-2509 a few weeks ago cause it was cracked, and now it doesn't start or power on at all. Plain and simple. I followed a pretty detailed and legit-looking walkthrough on YouTube (key word, "legit-LOOKING") and hooked everything back up exactly as I found it. We already made sure that the power cable isn't the issue, and it's not. I found one suggestion to try making a connection between two of the pins just below the mousepad/trackpad (not sure what it's called) with a paper clip, but that didn't help either. Does anyone know what it might be? Also, please include some layman's terms. I know where the ram, the fan, and the HDD are and that's about it, so you may need to say something like "under the keyboard" or "behind the harddrive." Let me know if I missed any details needed to help troubleshoot it.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer, successful or not.

nmwallace, Sep 11, 2012
  2. nmwallace

something back

QUESTIONS?

Is the ribbon data connector connected the right way around.

Is the ribbon data connector correctly fitted far enough into the push fit connector and in line.

No other suggestions sorry

something back, Sep 11, 2012
  3. nmwallace

nmwallace

Well, I feel like an idiot. That solved my power-turning on problem. But now the screen is too dark to do anything. I have a feeling I may have fried the backlight by not having the ribbon cable in far enough. But I'll continue to dig up what I can. Thank you so much for your help!

nmwallace, Sep 11, 2012
  4. nmwallace

something back

Screen brightness

Possibility that windows power settings need adjustment to increase the screen brightness
    from the start button type power the choose the power options. Alter the screen brightness at the bottom.

something back, Sep 12, 2012
Ask a Question