Help! Virus on my linpus AA1

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ocho cinco, Nov 29, 2008.

1. ocho cinco

ocho cinco

I think i have gotten a virus on my linpus AA1 (which i am quite surprised about). When bootup occurs there is a new box on the left hand side with a star in it saying new something or other, and saying that it is not running properly. I click on it and nothing happens and i am unable to close the box. Also there is no horizontal bar on the bottom of the desktop, and i am unable to connect the internet.

I think i may have gotten a virus from downloading torrents off of azureus, although i thought there were practically no viruses for linux, which is why i went with linpus instead of xp.

Does anyone else have this problem? and if so can you help me out. Also if i do have a virus is there any way to reinstall linpus, because there is no recovery cd or usb stick or anything?

ocho cinco, Nov 29, 2008
  2. ocho cinco

daldred

daldred, Nov 29, 2008
  3. ocho cinco

ocho cinco

Thanks,

I don't know what was happening because i just shut it down and let it sit for an hour and it booted up perfectly. i deleted the last couple of torrents i downloaded and now it seems to be working fine. I don't know why it was doing this, although i am looking into reinstalling linpus just to be sure.

ocho cinco, Nov 29, 2008
  4. ocho cinco

flamingswrd

Yeah, it is definitely not a virus. For your benefit, I would suggest not torrenting on the One. It is not meant for that much sustained use, and will put unnecessary strain on the components.

flamingswrd, Dec 1, 2008
Ask a Question