Help with dosbox-- mounting c drive

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jamesward, Oct 8, 2008.

1. jamesward

jamesward

hello , a breif idea of what my problem is , for my college i need to use Microsoft's QBasic on my laptop now im too cheap to pay an extra 110 pounds for a laptop with Xp. Anyway thanks to some helpful precidents i installed q basic along with dosbox on my fedora LInpus lite os on the acer aspire one , the problem im having is i need to run q basic using dosbox i cant do so because the very short guide i found only says using dosbox mount the c drive with the loaction of the program , but it doesnt work for me , so far wheneveri type in the directory or any directory , e.g /user or /home or /my disk it says directory not found so i cannot proceed everything after this point seems simple enough , i was just wondering if anyone here could help/direct me to help/ tell me what im doing wrong or even just give me exacaly what to write , i think it should be in dos box , mount c Home/User (my username is user) /Downloads/QBASIC
    the folder qbasic is in is downloads and its own folder Qbaisc which leads me to believe this is the correct path although it seems not.
    Thanks for your help.

jamesward, Oct 8, 2008
  2. jamesward

cpchan

Code:
    mount c ~
    will mount your home directory as drive c in dosbox.

cpchan, Oct 9, 2008
Ask a Question