Help with Office Network

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by denz_h, Aug 2, 2008.

1. denz_h

denz_h

Hey guys. Need your advice. Even the tech guys at work can't figure this one out.

I have problems browsing the internet at work. I have all IP's, DNS, and network key configured correctly but I still don't get internet connection. I have no problems connecting with the network (i.e. shared printers and folders) but for some reason, i can't access the internet. The only solution that works is for network administrator to reset / refresh the network cap (don't know what that is), but it's tiresome to always call up the network admin. just to get connected to the net. The problem seems to be isolated in the office since I don't experience it when using wifi in other places whether secure or otherwise.

Hope you guys can shed some light on the issue. Thanks!

denz_h, Aug 2, 2008
  2. denz_h

hmraao

Network Cap usually refers to network capacity. Network admins often use tools to limit the amount of information that passes through their networks, in order to prevent them from becoming saturated, just like the controls used on road networks that aim to prevent gridlock.

There are a variety of controls that could be in force. Perhaps there's a limit on the number of wifi connections that can be made at one time. Or maybe only certain devices can attach.

Can I suggest that you speak to your network admin at work to find out exactly what it is that she/he is doing to allow you to connect and whether there is anything that they can do to make it easier in future. Even if the technical support is poor, as you point out, you only have the problem at work. So that is where the solution must lie.

Ephraim Tutt takes on the cases that no one else wants.

hmraao, Aug 23, 2008
Ask a Question