HELP!!!

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by youngw682eni, Jan 27, 2009.

1. youngw682eni

youngw682eni

Did i brick my aspire one? I recently installed osx 10.5.5 onto my acer aspire one, completly getting rid of windows xp. I found that i needed a program from xp to run on my mac osx so I began installing VMWare Fusion, towards the end of the install the computer gave me " press the power button to shutdown your computer must be restarted" so I did as instructed, but now it wont boot. I get passed the count down screen and then the picture below pops up and i cant get past it, all i can do is restart the computer. I tried to reinstall osx and the same thing happens, i also reflashed my bios and still the same thing. can anyone help??? here is the picture [​IMG]

youngw682eni, Jan 27, 2009
  2. youngw682eni

dismal

serious kernel panic, you haven't bricked your one..it's not a bios issue but your mac install is probably fubar. have you tried running a repair from the osx dvd? worst case scenario you may have to reformat completely and reinstall from scratch. If you do need to reformat your best bet is to dual boot windows xp and osx so you can go between them for whatever programs you are running, I have a triple boot system (xp,vista,osx) and mine works great, there are a bunch of tutorials on how to setup a dual boot.

dismal, Jan 27, 2009
  3. youngw682eni

youngw682eni

I dont have an osx dvd i booted it from a thumb drive using iAktos, how do i run a reformat and repair? I tried reinstalling after I had erased the disk and then reinstalled osx but still didnt work. is there something else i can do?

4. youngw682eni

dismal

so at this point you have already erased the drive and tried reinstalling and you still get this message?
    if that's the case you may have to repartition it then reformat, I had an issue similiar to this and I spent a good couple of hours reformatting and re-partitioning my drive to get it back to normal.
    but if you want when you stick in your iatkos usb stick and it boots to the installer then go up to utilities on the top bar then go to disk utility and there should be a repair tab in there. try to run the repair and see if it fixes anything if not then your best bet would be to find a partition utility that you can throw on a usb stick (I have a 1 gig stick that I threw Ultimate Boot CD on and it loads up great and is VERY useful) delete the existing partitions and repartition (now here's where you have to ask yourself if you want to dualboot or just have 1 OS). If you are going with just osx then follow diablonet's guide here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7802.
    if you want to dualboot xp/vista/7 and osx then you will need to create 2 primary partitions 1 for xp/vista/7 and 1 for osx, some people like to install xp first then osx (myself) and others would do it the other way whatever way you like it. just remember when installing using iatkos to follow diablonet's guide cause I know when I was in a panic trying to get it working I wasted a bunch of time reinstalling because I would forget to enable the ps2 or something else.

dismal, Jan 27, 2009
  5. youngw682eni

youngw682eni

OK so i erased the disk, using ultimate bot cd. And then began to install the osx again, everything was going fine untill the install actually began installing, about an 1/8 into the install the computer said that the install failed and had to be restarted, it could not verify the intel mac osx. Whats going on now?

Ask a Question