Hibernate on A110L

Discussion in 'Linux' started by madwoolything, Oct 3, 2008.

1. madwoolything

madwoolything

Does anyone know of a distro that supports Hibernate on the A110L?

I've spent many a happy hour looking on google and it is not looking good ...... I'm thinking that I'm stuck with Linpus as other distros will take too long to start up ...... which is why hibernate would be so useful.

madwoolything, Oct 3, 2008
  2. madwoolything

anixon

Yeah, where is hibernate on Linpus. All i see is an option to sleep. Help needed! :(

anixon, Oct 15, 2008
  3. madwoolything

Angela

Hello

Any way to activate hibernate functionality on limpus (110L), yet :?:

I think it was there, but now after reinstall of limpus there´s just "off", "sleep".... :geek:

Angela, Oct 18, 2008
  4. madwoolything

mh-

Is there really any reason you'd want to dump all your RAM to the SSD (which has pretty crappy write speeds)? Suspend is faster and if you're not going to use the computer for several hours you might as well shut it down (IMO ;)).

mh-, Oct 18, 2008
  5. madwoolything

madwoolything

Good point ..... still much to learn & discover about Linux and the One hardware!

madwoolything, Oct 18, 2008
  6. madwoolything

Angela

yeah point, but sleep mode sucks the accu out so fast... :roll:

and it´s just laziness to reopen every firefox tab or apps...so it´s not that easy to set it on in limpus, I guess.

(but nothing is easy about configuring limpus ;)

Angela, Oct 18, 2008
  7. madwoolything

rbil

What's an "accu"?

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 18, 2008
  8. madwoolything

mh-

Oh, I wouldn't say suspend uses *that* much power ;) - but sure, it does drain the battery to some extent, which is why I shut it down (or make sure the power cord is connected) if I don't plan on using it in the next few hours. Not sure how long hibernating to the SSD would take (never tried it), but I dare say it woudln't be quick - especially with 1.5gigs of RAM. It also requires a swap partition (or file) that's large enough to hold all that data. IMO the SSD is far too slow (and small) to be wasted for swap ;).

Now, I don't have any numbers for this so it might not have any noticable impact, but the SSD uses more power when writing and the laptop will be powered on during all that time. In theory it could mean that hibernating for short periods of time actually drains the battery more than suspending would... but like I said, it's not like I have any actual data that supports this theory ;).

Doesn't firefox support re-opening of all old windows/tabs if you just kill it (which a shutdown would do)? Or does it require an addon? Either way, the feature is available.

Can't argue with that, I got rid of Linpus the moment I got the AAO ;).

From the context I assume it foreign for battery ;)

mh-, Oct 19, 2008
Ask a Question