Hibernation Problems

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ashay, Mar 21, 2009.

1. ashay

ashay

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping someome can help me solve this problem. As I was powering down yesterday (while also on the phone and not payingcomplete attention) I think the computer asked whether I wanted to load some updates. I pressed "yes" and returned to my conversation. I"m pretty sure I saw the word "hibernation" flash up, but Ithen the computer seemed to shut down as normal. I headed off to a meeting and when I went to turn the computer on again, the power light went on, but nothing else happened. The compter was making some low humming sound (nothing abnormal), but it didn't boot up. I hit the power button again and held it down; after 3-4 seconds the computer turned off. Same thing happened when I turned the computer on again -- power light stayed on but it didn't load up. The lights to the right ofthe battery light flicker on for a split second and then go out.

Any suggestions? Has anyone had something like this happen? I'm hoping there's combo of key that I just need to press to take the computer out of this state, but I'm at a loss.

Thanks for your help (and I apologize if this question should have been posted on a different site)!

ashay, Mar 21, 2009
Ask a Question