hibernation/standby problem

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by madanomem, Dec 19, 2008.

1. madanomem

madanomem

Hi everyone,

recently my aspire one is having problems when i try to hibernate or go into stand by.

When i try to hibernate, it will freeze at the winxp screen that says it is preparing to hibernate. As for stand by, the screen will turn off but the computer will still be on, and will never go into standby. I end p having to force shutdown by holding the power button, and i know that damages the computer. Does anyone have any solutions or any ideas of what may be wrong.

thanks,
    adam

madanomem, Dec 19, 2008
  2. madanomem

jhillestad

Try reinstalling from scratch and then immediately doing an update to Windows XP , then test. Do not load any other software until you have tested.

jhillestad, Dec 19, 2008
  3. madanomem

LAZ

Before you reinstall XP, see this thread. I just had this problem and fixed it through the solution described there. So far so good. The trouble seems to be with the Acer Crystal Eye webcam driver.

LAZ, Dec 24, 2008
  4. madanomem

madanomem

thanks for the responses. it seems to be working fine. i just switched the settings so that when i closed the lid it does nothing, and turned on the option of choice when i press the power button, and it seems to work fine that way.

Now im in a bigger jam. my AA1 doesnt boot up. it will get stuck at the screen that has the AA1 wallpaper durring startup. and it also wont boot up in safe mode. any ideas on how to fix?

madanomem, Dec 24, 2008
  5. madanomem

OReilly

I did this as well but when I pushed the power button for hibernation it read "preparing to hibernate" then I got a system error about not enough resources to accomplish the task... :?:

OReilly, Dec 24, 2008
Ask a Question