Hot keys on keypad

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by monmona, Jul 24, 2010.

1. monmona

monmona

I just purchased my Aspire notepad, I like it so much but am being aggrivated everytime I type especially in emails. When I'm typing,all of a sudden my email dissapears or if I press on some letters I get something else. For example: when I press on p I get the print screen and for F I get favorites and so on..
    I don't know how to set or reset my keys so I can use them in the normal way that was intended for them.
    Thanks so much for your help in advance..

monmona, Jul 24, 2010
  2. monmona

Swarvey Moderator

If you look at the "F" keys at the top of your keyboard, you'll notice some of them will have little icons on them, or some words etc. Same goes for a few other keys on the keyboard. The icon or text is a secondary fuction of that key. The secondary function is usually activated while pressing the "Fn" key (usually on the bottom-left of your keyboard). Sounds like maybe your "Fn" key is stuck, or you've accidentally enabled one of the secondary functions, that acts as a lock, eg. Fn+F12 on my D250 enables the NumLock. Which turns U,I,O,P,J,K,L,M into the number pad, which then if pressed, will result in 4,5,6,*,1,2,3,0

Have a look at the secondary functions to see if any of them are enabled (usually the caps lock or numlock lights will be illuminated if the respective locks are on), otherwise, it could just be sum crud under the Fn key keeping it down, tap it a few times and see if the problem continues.

Swarvey, Jul 24, 2010
  3. monmona

monmona

Thanks so much for your reply. YOu opened my mind to something different than the Fn keys. I figures my problem and that's on my notebook the keys are shifted a little bit more to the left than my previous one. and the problem is when I'm typing fast and when I mean to type a letter in cap, instead of clicking with my left finger on the Shift & the letter I used to hit the Ctr+ a letter. I tested that many times and that was the cause of my problem. Thanks again and I hope someone else that runs through the same problem realizes this too.

monmona, Jul 25, 2010
  4. monmona

Forone

Forone, Jul 26, 2010
Ask a Question