Hot keys run amuck ?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by rwillihn, Jun 30, 2009.

1. rwillihn

rwillihn

I have an Acer One 10.1 running Windows XP. When I'm typing every once in a while I loose everything - all the text just disappears. I must be hitting some key combination accidently. What might it be and in addition to being very, very careful about not hitting any keys but the letters is there some way to turn this "feature off?
    Thanks, Bob

rwillihn, Jun 30, 2009
  2. rwillihn

DutchDK

I'm pretty sure you aren't hitting any special key combos. I am almost certain what happens is that you are accidentally hitting/touching the touchpad while typing, which can make the cursor select your text, and then the next keystroke will delete the selected text. Go in to the Synaptic controlpanel, and enable the function which "disables" the touchpad while typing. That will ensure that while you type, any spurious touching of the touchpad at the same time, won't activate a selection of the text. Don't worry, as soon as you stop typing, the touchpad works normally again. You can even set the timeout for the function, so it fits to your typing speed.

DutchDK, Jun 30, 2009
Ask a Question