Hotmail on firefox

Discussion in 'Linux' started by klvn, Jul 22, 2008.

1. klvn

klvn

Hello fellow one users!

Whenever I open hotmail on the preinstalled firefox browser, I'm always given the screen telling me it's not compatible and try using IE, Firefox or Opera. I thought to myself ...aren't I using firefox already? Why isn't it compatible? I'm using firefox version 2.0.0.14. So here's my situation:

I was typing an email to my gf the other night and I BCC the email to myself because I wanted to reread that I wrote to her. Whatever I typed to her, she only received about one paragraph of text when I sent her like a whole page worth. Then I recopied the email and sent it to myself, to both my hotmail and another email... same thing happens.

If anyone's using the same version firefox, could they try this experiment themselves too? I want to see if I need to reinstall firefox or not. I'm new to linux so I don't know how to uninstall firefox and install the new version 3.0 if its available for linux. If this is a common problem on all version of firefox, I might as well save the trouble and just install Opera instead.

klvn, Jul 22, 2008
  2. klvn

Sid

I have been using FF3, seems OK, but I am not using Hotmail.
    Gmail, apple mail, yahoo web access are all fine.

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  3. klvn

TTgowings

I too have this "hotmail error" quite annoying, has anyone figured a way around this ?

I don't really want to upgrade to FF3 until it's an official update from the Acer Live Update.

TTgowings, Sep 25, 2008
Ask a Question