How can I set the Recovery Partition active?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Blue-K, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Blue-K

Blue-K

So, today I messed a little bit too much with Mac Os X, and now I've bricked XP...I always stuck at

boot0
    boot0 MBR done

Anyways, now the real problem...The Recovery doesn't start! I can press ALT+F10 as much as I want, it doesn't load. But the Recovery-Partition should be Ok, I've only changed some things on C: and in the new Partition D:...so can anybody say me how to set the Recovery active, so that it will boot? Thanks in Advance!!!

Blue-K, Dec 27, 2008
  2. Blue-K

Bohica

I had a similar situation while tinkering and installing Mac OS X Leopard. But, before I started the project, I had made a complete image backup of both partitions of the internal drive onto an external USB HDD. I then split the original, internal drive into 2 equal partitions and proceeded to install OS X and Win XP and played with both operating systems for a few days.

Here's where my troubles began... I went to use the hidden recovery partition (PQSERVICE) which was now on the 1st partition of the external HDD. No go!

I called Acer Tech Support and was told to go to:
    http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/fo....com&siteid=7117&areaid=2&formid=3394#results and navigate to Aspire/Aspire One and download the file called "Post Acer Disk Formatter CD ISO Image" and burn the .ISO file to CD... Then boot that disc with an external USB CD drive.

Of course, I also had to have the USB HDD connected at the same time because that's where the PQSERVICE recovery partition was located. Anyway, eRecovery Management came up saying something like "Formatting Drive C... blah, blah" and then, "Insert Recovery Disc 1". Uhhhhh... Hmmmm... I don't have a Disc 1. I ejected the CD and rebooted from the external USB HDD (via F12 - select boot device from the BIOS) and pressed Alt-F10 and the eRecovery Management software loaded. It then proceeded to restore the internal drive back to factory new (minus the 12.2 Gb PQSERVICE partition).

Sorry if my description is a bit vague, but It was about a week ago and I didn't take notes. I ordered the recovery disc set a few days ago and intend to put the whole thing back together later after I receive the discs. Hope this helps ya out a little. :geek:

Bohica, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question