How do I access my NAS?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Warpath, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Warpath

Warpath

I just ordered myself the Linux version of the AAO along with 1 GB of memory to install after I test it. I have A Vista desktop computer and a Vista laptop connected to a D-Link DGL-4500 gigabit wireless g/n gaming router. I have a Synology DS107+ DiskStation NAS ( http://www.synology.com/enu/products/DS107+/index.php ) connected to the router and it contains over 400GB of video files in Xvid/DivX format. In Vista I can access these files through the Network menu where I can choose the DiskStation and open folders and view the videos. How can I accomplish this using the Linux on the AAO?

Also I have read several threads and if I read them correctly I need to update the Linux using the sudo yum update fedora-release command before I can install VLC and other linux apps. Will this have any adverse effect on the original Acer/Linux OS?

I also was wondering if the messenger program supports the webcam over the MSN Messenger network?

Thanks for all the information, This AAO community is great :ugeek:
    \/\/arpath

Warpath, Sep 23, 2008
  2. Warpath

rbil

Do a search on "samba" or "sbm" ... plenty of talk about how to mount Windoze shares with Linpus.

Think: smb4k, pyneighbourhood, cif filetype in fstab for starters.

Cheers.

rbil, Sep 23, 2008
Ask a Question