How do I disable auto hide

Discussion in 'Networking' started by steven1314, Dec 28, 2008.

1. steven1314

steven1314

Hi I have been having problems with the connection icon disappearing on my Acer Aspire 1 notebook and looking for a step by step guide. Some users had recommended that you disable the autohide on the task bar. When I bought the notebook it worked fine on xmas day but then on boxing day the icon which looks like 2 computers side by side disappeared.

Please can someone help before I chuck it out the window!!!!!!!!!!

Steven

steven1314, Dec 28, 2008
  2. steven1314

melhiore

What system?? Linux or Windows??

melhiore, Dec 28, 2008
  3. steven1314

steven1314

Linux

steven1314, Dec 29, 2008
  4. steven1314

homer timpson

My niece got the same notebook for Christmas - all went well until she downloaded the updates - she too lost all access to the Internet & the Network Centre.

I've spent the last 6 hours searching several forums for answers - several point to the updates themselves as the root cause!!

I bit the bullet and burnt the recovery cd to a 2GB usb pendrive on my PC and did a fresh install. {I have no experience of Linux so didn't want to waste any more valuable time going round in circles].

The system is back up and running as you can see - I'm refusing to install the 19 updates until further notice.
    I'm checking out installing another version of Linux - this Linpus appears to be pretty new and buggy - if I can get a more stable option I think I'll take it instead for her [and me!!].

A quick fresh install may suit you also - depending what files you may lose of course.

Best of luck

Homer

homer timpson, Dec 31, 2008
Ask a Question