How do I install acerhdf?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by bailout, Apr 5, 2009.

1. bailout

HappyHarry

ok change the relevant parts to match this, you will need to edit the file as root though.

Code:
    default=0
    timeout=10
    splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
    #hiddenmenu

title Fedora (2.6.26.8-57.fc8)
    rootnoverify (hd0,0)
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26.8-57.fc8 ro root=/dev/sda1 vga=0x315 loglevel=1 console=tty1 nolapic_timer
    initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.26.8-57.fc8.img

and when you reboot you should be presented with a grub menu, be sure to choose the fedora option (which should be highlighted) and press enter to boot. then you should be able to build the acerhdf module as instructed in the download :)

phil

HappyHarry, Apr 19, 2009
  2. bailout

Regsy

Thank you so much for all your help & patience, finally I've the fan working as it should not 24/7.
    Keep up the good work.
    Regs

Regsy, Apr 19, 2009
  3. bailout

HappyHarry

hey np!, glad to be of help and to hear that it's finally working for you :cool:, as i said previously though when you are a little more comfortable with linux you should consider upgrading to a newer distro that still has security updates, if you choose a distro that uses xfce as it's desktop enviroment you will find it very recognisable to the linpus desktop when you have done the advanced desktop changes :)

phil

HappyHarry, Apr 19, 2009
Ask a Question