HOW do I install drivers???

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Mickey Way, May 26, 2009.

1. Mickey Way

Mickey Way

OK, I've searched most of the threads, including advanced search for an answer and can't find one. I recently purchased an AAO AOA150, 8.9 with 160 gig HDD 6 cell, XP. Although it still has that new car smell, I am planning for the inevitable future when for whatever reason I will need to reinstall XP. I've got an external optical drive and an OS disc. I went to the Acer site and downloaded all the drivers for my AOA150, and have made hard copies of all files. (They are currently ZIP files.) So, my question is, when the day comes that I need them, what do I do? I've done many builds of desktops and the mobo always comes with a driver disc, but this is my first laptop, and I'm not sure how to get the drivers installed without a "driver disc". Do I unzip them and burn them to a disc? Do they auto-run? This is the only piece of the puzzle I'm missing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mickey Way, May 26, 2009
  2. Mickey Way

nmesisca

they are normal files.
    unzip them if they are zipped, then execute their setup (or similar) or if there is no executable update the driver from the Device Manager window (right click on the device, click on Update driver) pointing the installer to the folder where you unzipped them.

nmesisca, May 26, 2009
Ask a Question