How do I keep my resolution setting in XP?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by st3ady, Aug 3, 2010.

1. st3ady

st3ady

Hey there,

I have an aspire one 8.9" and i have it connected to a large 19" monitor at all times. Whenever I restart, the monitor is stuck in 800x600 resolution, and I always have to go to settings and move it up to 1280x1024. How can I make it so I don't have to do this every time? Also, sometimes when I restart, the windows XP theme replaces my "Windows classic" theme. Any ideas? Thanks!

st3ady, Aug 3, 2010
  2. st3ady

Reasth

Does anyone have a suggestion for this, as I have the exact same problem when attaching a HP L1706 monitor. Also happens when switching between users. Quite annoying. I'm running Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for mobile on XP.

Reasth, Sep 5, 2010
  3. st3ady

willpalazzi

It's really just an easy way to switch resolutions. Could it be something up with the Graphic driver? Have you updated to the latest one?

willpalazzi, Sep 7, 2010
  4. st3ady

Reasth

Yes, the drivers are current.

The issue is, when attached to an external monitor, I receive the error message on my monitor on start-up and then the screen goes black. Open the netbook, and the screen is also black, because the output is set to the monitor! So, you have to fumble around to get the screen display back before you can do the "simple adjustment", as you say (right click desktop, switch to monitor, adjust to proper settings). I found the following, but do not understand it:

http://jorge.fbarr.net/2008/08/06/a...The-right-resolution-with-an-external-monitor

This seems like a common problem, yet the only solution I have seen posted is "just right click your desktop and adjust it" - well duh, but I'm looking for a permanent fix that does not consume so much time.

Reasth, Sep 7, 2010
  5. st3ady

Forone

I don't use the netbook this way, but have found Displayfusion very good managing my main laptop with a 23" samsung - can be set up for either multi or single display:

http://www.displayfusion.com/

Forone, Sep 7, 2010
Ask a Question