How do I make a Windows XP Bootable CD?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by AspireAOA150, Mar 29, 2012.

1. AspireAOA150

AspireAOA150

How do I make a Windows XP Bootable CD?

Can I make a set of Windows XP Setup Disks?

Will the Recovery software work if I copy it from the Partition that it's in to a CD?

AspireAOA150, Mar 29, 2012
  2. AspireAOA150

Cliftonwill

What do you mean by "a set of Windows XP Setup Disks"?
    You can create a bootable Win disk by burning a copy Windows on a CD and ticking the option "make a boot CD"

Cliftonwill, Apr 27, 2012
  3. AspireAOA150

AspireAOA150

The Netbook doesn't come with a Setup Disk... nor does it come with a Set of Disks, let's say, for reinstalling All of the included Netbook software. I was wondering if there is a way to create a Windows Setup Disk and/or a Set of Acer/Netbook Setup Disks... maybe with some utility that's on the netbook that I'm unaware of. I'm familiar with eRecovery, but it doesn't have that capability... at least my version of it doesn't have that capability.

Regarding the quoted advice above: "burning a copy of Windows on a CD": where do I get the copy of Windows to burn onto a CD... as per my first question, I am thus far unable to create a Windows Setup Disk; and then after "burning a copy of Windows on a CD" and creating the "Win Disk", where, or in what program do I tick "the option" "make a boot CD". In short: what program do I use to create the "Win Disk" and make it bootable.

Thanks,

John B.

AspireAOA150, Apr 27, 2012
  4. AspireAOA150

qlue

You will have to buy a legit copy of Windows. Any other way would be illegal.
    The only other free option is to use an open source OS like Linux. (e.g: Crunchbang or Ubuntu)

qlue, May 9, 2012
  5. AspireAOA150

AspireAOA150

I have a Legit Copy of Windows... it's on my Hard Drive and I can transfer it to a CD or any other storage media or any other computer as long as the "License" is used on only one computer... the "License" can only be used on 1 computer. Using it on Multiple Computers is illegal. I don't have to buy another copy of it... as per my OEM License... it's bought and paid for and Legal for me to use on this, or any "One" computer.

AspireAOA150, May 10, 2012
  6. AspireAOA150

elPaulio Moderator

Correct, your license is what you have purchased not the software itself.
    IIRC Microsoft listed a website which allowed you to download all copies of Windows from them. It was a good few months ago now, and with them trying to drop XP im not sure they'll still have it on there.

Think I have the link saved at work somewhere, will have a look in the morning and see if I can find it. In the mean time this might help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994

Paul

elPaulio, May 10, 2012
  7. AspireAOA150

AspireAOA150

That link will lead to instructions on how to make Floppy Drive setup disks.

I think MS will be supporting XP for longer than they want to due to so many businesses still using it.

It would be nice if this netbook had a utility to make a system restore CD... that would restore your system back to factory setup... if you had to replace your hard drive.... or at least make a Windows XP Setup CD.

AspireAOA150, May 10, 2012
  8. AspireAOA150

smoker

I have tried this for 4 days - at least i succeded

First of all, i have legit license for Windows XP professional from my other not working notebook. Anyway, i prefer to use the nlited version of XP, you can find it on the torrent sky as windows xp pro performance by tj007. Anyway, this version is bootable only from CD. This i find on day 2 :) ... than i tried several other releases of XP to make usb bootable - with no success. That leads me to try ubuntu - very disappointed with the speed and responsibility. I was ready to try win 7 - but no license and the USB stick only with 1GB - for the end i tried again on torr sky and i found it. Definitely working version of nlited XP for my wife's acer. Try to look for windows xp pro performance USB - and here you go - incl. the utility to build the usb stick. You need the drivers - you can place them also on the same USB in some new folder (drivers - for example:)).

smoker, May 14, 2012
Ask a Question