how do i remove media from xd card?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by laura_irish, Nov 16, 2008.

1. laura_irish

laura_irish

Got my acer during the weelk..love it! was out last night with friends, took a few pictures and im looking to upload them onto my pc and then the web. I have inserted the xd card (pins facing up - only way it will fit in!) and I dont know how to remove the media from it! i've gone into the removable location with photo master open but it only opens the ssd drive and i cannot seem to locate the card i have inserted!!....please help!

laura_irish, Nov 16, 2008
  2. laura_irish

mikon

On my AspireOne you put the xD card in with the pins facing *down*, not up. I can't even force the card in the other way up (haven't tried too hard though :)). The label side of the card ought to be facing upwards (in my case it says "Fujifilm"). If the card is inserted right the File Manager will show the card and you should be able to drag photos off the DCIM folder on the card into say your Pictures folder. (All this done using the Linux set up of the AspireOne).

mikon, Nov 16, 2008
Ask a Question