how do i select one of the antennas?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ray99, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ray99

ray99

Hi,

The Aspire One Generic User Guide states that the two WLAN antennas (inside the top left and top right of the screen) do not transmit simultaneously and that users can either leave the computer to automatically select which one works at any given time OR users can manually select one of the antennas. How do I manually select the antenna I want?

Thanks,
    Ray

ray99, Jan 19, 2011
  2. ray99

DutchDK

It depends on the driver options. Either they let you choose whether to select the first antenna, the second antenna or automatic antenna diversity, or it doesn't give you the option and it automatically uses antenna diversity.

The best bet though is to just let it use antenna diversity, since that will let the card switch to the antenna which has the best signal ratio.

DutchDK

DutchDK, Jan 19, 2011
  3. ray99

ray99

Hi Dutch DK,

Thanks. How can I get the drivers to allow me to manually select which antenna I want? I want to use only the left-hand side antenna to prevent RF radiation from the antenna getting channeled up the headset/microphone wires (on the right side of the computer).

Ray

ray99, Jan 20, 2011
  4. ray99

elPaulio Moderator

I have replied to your other post.

This one now locked.

elPaulio, Jan 27, 2011
Ask a Question