how do i start as root on linux linpus (acer aspire one)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by sucay, Jun 6, 2009.

1. sucay

sucay

Please guys i've been looking all around this forum! can someone tell me how to log in as root on my acer aspire one? it runs linpus
    I'm having a big problem with the SD slot and it's that it reads the sd card sometimes but sometimes it doesn't! the system is always running as user since i don't know how to log in as root. help! :|

sucay, Jun 6, 2009
  2. sucay

YoungCthulhu

Gidday!

In terminal type:

sudo su (this will give you root access)
    passwd (this will ask you to change, or establish a new, root password. If you type a simple one, like I did, it will tell you that it "doesn't have enough different characters" or something like that. You can re-enter your first choice and ignore this suggestion, or enter a more robust password)

When you have root, the $ sign changes to a # at the command prompt. Sorry if you knew any of this already. :?

You are now free to boldly go forth and wreck your system as no man has done before! :mrgreen:

Happy hacking!

YoungCthulhu
    Melbourne Aus

YoungCthulhu, Jun 9, 2009
Ask a Question