How Do You Access The Power Settings?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Kschreck, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Kschreck

Kschreck

When I use the battery it seems like the system is slower and the display is not as bright. This is the first laptop that I have owned and I can't figure out where to access the power management settings to increase CPU/GPU speed (or decrease it) and I heard that there were three levels of power. Does anyone know how to do this?

Kschreck, Oct 4, 2008
  2. Kschreck

kevin

Which model and operating system do you have? You can change the screen brightness using the functions on the arrow keys on the keyboard but, so far as I know, the default brightness is always lower on battery,

kevin, Oct 4, 2008
  3. Kschreck

Kschreck

What keys do I use to change the brightness?

Kschreck, Oct 4, 2008
  4. Kschreck

Brian8gbSSDLinux

To control brightness on an AOA110

press and hold Fn key (left hand nearest to you) and Cursor Right button (furthest right; nearest you) to make it brighter

press and hold Fn key (left hand nearest to you) and Cursor Left button (far right; nearest you) to make it darker

As the previous poster said, make it brighter and your battery goes flatter, FASTER...
    forget 2 to 2 &1/2 hours battery life - expect 1 & 1/2 to 1 & 3/4 hours battery life on full brightness. :eek:

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Oct 4, 2008
Ask a Question