How does the D250 boot to Windws from Android?

Discussion in 'Android' started by RussellF, Dec 19, 2009.

1. RussellF

RussellF

And is it possible to configure such a thing yourself?

I have a AAO 150, and have been playing with Chromium OS. It's all you need for browsing. It's a small thing, but I'd like to be able to boot a linux distro quickly (Chromium would be nice, but I'm not sure how you'd create the link, Android would be cooler, but I don't know if you can install it on the 150, Moblin or something would do I guess if they boot quickly enough), then boot Windows from within the fast boot Linux.

Any ideas?

RussellF, Dec 19, 2009
  2. RussellF

hartleyshc

I wish i knew. it seems to use some sort of automated grub process.

when the new d250 initially boots windows you run the android configuration app. this sets the settings of which os to launch first. when set to android, it autoboots into android, and i assume the switch system tab in the top left of android is a small script to reboot the machine into windows.

edit: seems i was right.
    heres a thread talking about using a script to boot into windows http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=722900 (but having a problem with savesettings in grub)
    my wife is making me wait until xmas to receive my d250-(1165 - blue, no bt, no 3g, xp) but i plan on setting this up using chrome with a boot into windows 7. (if its even possible to set up a script on the desktop or through a link) will post a simple how-to to do this.

edit2: the current releases of ubuntu and im sure other top linux distros are now using grub2 which doesn't quite have this feature yet, revert back to grub to get this set up.

hartleyshc, Dec 20, 2009
Ask a Question