How to boot from SD or USB?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by scorp76, Jul 25, 2008.

1. scorp76

scorp76

I tried installing Acer's Linpus on usb drive but when I set the AOne to boot from it, it hangs. Same prob when using Slax in a usb. Any ideas?

scorp76, Jul 25, 2008
  2. scorp76

scorp76

I seem to get stuck on Linpus when it is loading off a usb drive but cant see on which process... on Slax it jams on 'trigger............ new kernal modules'

scorp76, Jul 28, 2008
  3. scorp76

KGB

Seems to me the same as I described in my new post "Run Linpus in virtual machine?". You can set "splah=verbose" in your grub.conf, to see some error messages. But I assume, it will view you a "kernel panic" message indicating, that the root can't access the boot drive.

KGB, Jul 28, 2008
  4. scorp76

lotus49

Although Linux runs very well from a USB drive, the installation is often accompanied by grub problems.

The problem is that grub usually thinks the USB drive is (hd1) during the installation but when the machine boots from the USB drive it is referred to as (hd0).

You can temporarily fix this during the boot process by editing the grub.conf entry that you boot but the only real fix is to fix grub.conf.

lotus49, Jul 28, 2008
Ask a Question