How to change Xfce panel buttons background?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by runoverdog, Nov 23, 2008.

1. runoverdog

runoverdog

Recently I switch to XFCE standard desktop and applied a custom theme successfuly (http://www.xfce-look.org/content/show.php/BlackWinter?content=93150), except for some plugins buttons which don't load the theme specifications. I looked out the theme's gtkrc file searching some missing widget class definition, but I can't found anything. Maybe this plugins define it's own widget classes and they need explicit widget style declarations - but I don't know which classes are -.
    ¿Anybody had tried to/achieve to change these button's background images?

runoverdog, Nov 23, 2008
  2. runoverdog

runoverdog

Finally I'd change my buttons background. There is a mysterious and silent file called bottombar.png inside /usr/share/xfce4 which appears to be the default button's background. Simply overwriting this file with the theme's background.png with size 1024x30 - and the next time you run xfce4-panel those unsightly white patches disappear.

PD: Well, I'm unable to upload another screen, but I swear all my buttons are now black.

runoverdog, Dec 1, 2008
Ask a Question