How to Connect Acer Aspire One Xp to my..

Discussion in 'Windows' started by drrohit81, Jul 5, 2009.

1. drrohit81

drrohit81

hi
    i did a quick search but could notfind the answer.:(
    How do i connect my AA1 xp to my HDTV (SCEPTRE 32INCH)....
    I will like to know the options to get sound along with the video!
    Any help ll be deeply appreciated!
    Thanks! :)

drrohit81, Jul 5, 2009
  2. drrohit81

mknollman

without buying special adapters - my suggestion would be vga cable (most lcd's have a vga in) for video, then use a cable that goes from 3.5mm headphone to rca left and right (red and white) for audio. This will be far from HD, but will look just fine.

mknollman, Jul 6, 2009
  3. drrohit81

drrohit81

drrohit81, Jul 9, 2009
  4. drrohit81

yachtpro

That is exactly what you need, or some other similar device like it. The on-board video card in the AAO doesn't support TV. You have to use a device like this to convert the VGA out signal into something the TV understands. Only higher end add-on video cards support TV as they come. This device, if you use the svideo connector should transfer both video and audio.

yachtpro, Jul 15, 2009
  5. drrohit81

Echani

If you bought the Scepter HDTV that was on sale at NewEgg recently then it has a VGA input on the back. Look on the back for a plug with 15 holes that looks like the one on the side of your netbook. If it has one then you don't need a converter, just a VGA to VGA cable. Shouldn't be more than a few bucks, or ask around and someone might have a spare you can have.

Echani, Aug 7, 2009
  6. drrohit81

jmr166

Hi, I connect my AAO to my wide-screen tv all the time and watch *cough* downloaded *cough* videos normally avi files. As already suggested here i use a vga cable and a simple audio cable both purchased for unde a tenner on ebay. works great just use the Fn & F5 key and it transfers the AAO screen to the tv screen. I then use either windows media player or vlc to watch the films. It can also be handy to sideshow pictures of just surf the web on a larger screen.

jim

jmr166, Aug 8, 2009
Ask a Question