How to determine which drivers are installed?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by troy561, May 11, 2009.

1. troy561

troy561

Greetings,

I'm new in recently bought a AAOD150-1322 in the US. I apologize if this question was already posted but I couldn't find it...anyway, I would like to know how can I determine the current drivers installed in my netbook in order to update them if needed?

Thanks in advance for you help.

troy561, May 11, 2009
  2. troy561

Arctic_Eddie

Go to Start/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager. Select your device with a right-click then left-click Properties. Browse the details for files and version numbers.

Arctic_Eddie, May 21, 2009
  3. troy561

troy561

Thanks for your response Arctic_Eddie. Once I find the curren version of the drivers, if I want to update them I just double click on the file like installing a regular software and the system will replace the driver or do I have to remove he old driver and then install the new one. Thanks again for your response it was very helpful.

troy561, May 23, 2009
  4. troy561

Arctic_Eddie

It depends on how the driver is packaged. Within the device driver info windows there is an option to update the driver. I would try that first as it will give you a chance to backtrack in case the new one has a problem. I've not actually done one myself so I don't know the details but that's how I would start.

Arctic_Eddie, May 25, 2009
Ask a Question