How to get a 1024x600 boot screen ?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by SbM, Aug 19, 2008.

1. SbM

SbM

Hi!

Does anyone know how you can get a 1024x600 boot screen with Mac OS X?

I don't mean the desktop resolution (already fixed thanks to Paul's .kexts), but the first screen you see when you boot Darwin (the grey one with a dark grey apple in the middle and the spinning thing at the bottom).

Tried "Graphics Mode"=1024x600x32 at the boot prompt, but it doesn't work and "?video" shows that 1024x600 isn't natively supported.

SbM, Aug 19, 2008
  2. SbM

pseudomasochist

I don't think that it's possible. I've tried just about everything on my desktop hackintosh to get a 1440x900 boot screen, but it seems that until the graphics drivers are loaded up it just supports standard VESA resolutions.. 800x600, 1024x768, etc...

What you *could* do, though, if that stretched-out apple logo really bothers you, is try BootXChanger.. http://namedfork.net/bootxchanger/ .. It allows you to replace the apple logo with anything you'd like. If you take the apple image and make it 78.125% as wide in Photoshop or your favourite image editing program, when it gets displayed on the stretched out boot screen it'll have the proper dimensions.

pseudomasochist, Aug 19, 2008
  3. SbM

pseudomasochist

Ahhh, check that. BootXChanger didn't seem to work when I tried it just now.. Didn't do anything harmful, but perhaps it only works on genuine Macs.

pseudomasochist, Aug 19, 2008
  4. SbM

SbM

OK. Thanks for the reply, anyway. Not very important, I can live with that ;)

SbM, Aug 19, 2008
Ask a Question