How To Get A Trashcan Icon In Green Panel.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Ranger5, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Ranger5

Ranger5

Hi,

This topic already exists (http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1023&p=7679#p7679)but I don't really understand it. I would like a Trash Can icon in my green work panel but don't understand the instructions in the older post.
    I would also like the icon to look empty when there are no files in the can, and full when there is something there to get rid of. Is this possible?
    I found two blue basket/bins in a folder called /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/128x128/filesystems .(Also found in default.kde folder). One is empty, one is full. Would these work? Would they still look blue, or would the green background make them look weird?
    I want the icons to look as good and sharp as possible – are these the right size or do they need resizing as the the older post suggests? If so, how do I do it?

Many thanks, and apologies for bring back an old topic.

Ranger5, Jul 29, 2009
  2. Ranger5

Ranger5

Hi again,

I just found this icon pack which contains a cool looking Tux waste bin icon, which I much prefer to the others I found on the netbook.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/More+Tux+Icons?content=24027

Are these compatible with the system?
    If they are, to where do I download them to make them available to use? (When I clicked on Download, a new page appeared and I was asked if I wanted to open with xarchiver. Is this right? If I say yes/ok, will the icons end up where they should go, or do I need to tell it where to extract them to?)
    Do I need to resize, rename, or change the file type at all before use?

Many thanks for your help.

Ranger5, Jul 30, 2009
Ask a Question