how-to get frostwire working easy

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mm2004, Jan 4, 2009.

1. mm2004

mm2004

Hi i have seen alot of people saying they are having trouble getting frostwire to run well i have found there is a little permission problem after installing it from the frostwire website so im going to give you guys the chance to test it out. Im guessing that you have already installed it but it wont run after clicking frostwire from the list. So by pressing
    Code:
    ALT+F2
    a dialog should appear type in the box
    Code:
    terminal
    and hit enter or click run.
    NOW a terminal window will show up type in there
    Code:
    frostwire
    and hit enter you will get loads of errors in the terminal window. But if you try it with
    Code:
    sudo frostwire
    it will start to load then you will see the frostwire splash screen YAYAYAYAY its running BUT PLEASE DONT DO ANYTHING as you are running it as super admin from your system when the settup part loads click cancle and close down frostwire all together.

NOW we will sort it so you the user can start it from the menu list as a user. In the terminal window you have open type
    Code:
    sudo chown user:user /usr/bin/frostwire
    then hit enter THATS IT just close the terminal window now and start frostwire from the menu list or your desktop if you have added it HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ALL OUT i have done this from a fresh setup so its yousing the default java install to run NO INSTALLING a new java to get anything to run.

HAVE FUN PEOPLE :lol:

mm2004, Jan 4, 2009
  2. mm2004

UnforgiveN

Thank you very much! It works!! :D

UnforgiveN, Jan 5, 2009
  3. mm2004

iv76erson03

Thank you for the guide. Would it be possible to back up a couple steps for those of us who haven't installed frostwire. There are many variants and I was having trouble selecting the right one and getting it installed. Thank you.

iv76erson03, Feb 19, 2009
Ask a Question