how to get nokia software update running on linpus?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by RCHI84, Feb 11, 2009.

1. RCHI84

RCHI84

hi all .

this is my first post here. i have a compaq laptop running on vista and the aspire one 8gb model with linpus installed.

i have a nokia 5800 which i have tried updating via nokia software update, which crashes on my laptop all the time. the consensus on the net seems to point out vista as the culprit. i dont want to install xp on my laptop so i thought of using my aspire one as an alternative. i have installed wine on it, but can anyone let me know how to install windows exe files using wine? is it possible to install apps from msi files?

also, is there any non wine linux workaround for getting nokia software update to run on linpus?

thanks

RCHI84, Feb 11, 2009
  2. RCHI84

csmo

Not much help, I'm afraid, but have you tried running the Nokia software updater in (XP) compatibility mode on your Vista machine? Sometimes I have gotten round things in that way with Microsoft's Vista vs. XP application issues.

csmo, Feb 12, 2009
Ask a Question