How to get Skype to work with webcam?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by xroox, Nov 19, 2008.

1. xroox

xroox

Hi, every time I attempt to turn on webcam on skype (don't even get me started on mic...) the computer crashes... not just skype, I have to hold the power button to turn it off. I can only select one source for webcam USB2.0 Camera (/dev/video0)

Anyone get this working? I'm using Ubuntu Hardy. Also as I said earlier mic doesn't work... reading the ubuntu guide for aspire one says there's no proper way to install this... or you can only have one mic input working or something to that effect. Any help on the webcam? Thanks so much. I'm sure everyone.. or many other people have had this problem.

xroox, Nov 19, 2008
  2. xroox

Guest Guest

Try testing your webcam from the Options of Skype. If that does not work then you will need to look somewhere else to see why your webcam does not work.
    The video device is /dev/video0

--

Guest, Nov 20, 2008
  3. xroox

xroox

Yeah it crashes OS whether I make a call to initiate webcam or use the test webcam function in the options menu!

xroox, Dec 1, 2008
Ask a Question